More Jobs at Boston Properties
conception and production of general Boston Properties marketing materials, advertising, brochures... photographs of all properties as needed. Coordinate...
Fire Safety Director Direct the day to day operation of all security and life safety functions of the building. Prepare, revise and maintain logs of all alarm...
Functions: Provide receptionist support at Boston Properties as part of the administrative team. Provide... internally with all Boston Properties employees and...
Department: Property Management
Type: Regular Full-Time Union
Building City & State: New York, NY
Region: US-New York Region
Standard Hours: 40
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
More information about this job
Maintain the integrity and efficient operation of building systems in all assigned buildings and perform a variety of tenant services in accordance to Boston Properties’ established operational and safety procedures.
* Maintain, repair and ensure the efficient operation of all building systems. Building systems may include HVAC, pneumatic control , water treatment program, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
* Install, fabricate, construct, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and electrical equipment with supervision as needed.
* Perform tests and physical inspection of all fire suppression and alarm systems, providing technical support and cooperation to the Fire Safety Director and the Property Manager.
* Receive work assignments, plan work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete work/assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employ service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs.
* Keep the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe. Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms.
* Maintain a logbook on daily activities/events.
* Regularly inspect all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement.
* Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspect work and generate deficiency lists.
* Respond to tenant requests and complaints regarding building operations.
* Available for 1) various shifts, 2) to fill in for other personnel, and 3) to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs. Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal) power outage and other situations including clean-up activities.
* Promote and contribute toward overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of the building(s) and grounds as well as positive tenant relations through daily work practices.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Pursuant to the terms of the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement:
* The Union shall have five (5) business days to supply qualified candidates for this
* An individual selected to fill this position must become a member of the Union after the thirtieth day following employment
* A High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of operational experience in a high rise office building and/or experience in a related building trade.
* Possess, maintain, or obtain all licenses required by code, including but not limited to:
* NYCFD Refrigeration License
* Standpipe and Sprinkler Permit
* Fire Safety Director Certificate (preferred)
* Pesticide Application Permit
* Hands-on experience in the service and operation of HVAC, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
* Experience working within a structured PM program.
* Ability to read and understand schematic drawings.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as a productive member of a
* Ability to organize and coordinate responsibilities efficiently.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power, and hand tools.
* Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, tenants, and vendors.
* Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work.
* Ability to demonstrate exemplary tenant relations and provide excellent customer service.
* Familiarity with OSHA.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
* Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell.
* Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges while working outside and inside.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ pounds.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
* Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.