Forecasting & Inventory Statistical ModelerTitle: Forecasting & Inventory Statistical Modeler
Location: NA-US-NJ-East Hanover
Mondelez International is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world's favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
While Mondelez International is new, our brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which our products are marketed. As the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelez International has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee.
Mondelez International's portfolio includes several billion-dollar brands such as Nabisco, Oreo and LU biscuits, Cadbury and Milka chocolate, Jacobs coffee, Tang powdered beverages and Trident gums. Mondelez International has annual revenue of approximately $36 billion and operations in more than 80 countries.
For more information, position is responsible for providing analytical leadership, training, and consultation for statistical forecasting model application and statistical safety stock optimization in support of service, cash flow, and cost objectives. This role will have dual areas of focus (forecasting and inventory management) to align capabilities and needs with current and future Integrated Supply Chain processes and strategies. This position will establish independent roadmaps for forecast accuracy improvements and inventory reduction, manage the projects within each step of the roadmap, and ensure the improvements drive sustainable value.
This person will work closely with business forecasters (National Forecasting manager, location demand planners, and customer demand planners) to ensure the statistical forecasts are effectively utilized and address business needs. In addition, this person will work with Product Supply Planners (network production planners, network fulfillment planners) to ensure proper statistical inventory target usage and will work with ERP application managers to ensure integrity of Analytical/ Operational data flows and system inputs (e.g., lead time, cycle time, service level, forecast error). The tools this person will utilize include JDA Demand Planning, Optiant/Automated Boundaries, and the AB Tool. This person will be the primary liaison with Consumer Insights and Strategy, JDA, Nielsen (syndicated & KIDS), Optiant, and statistical providers, as appropriate. This role will represent Kraft in professional organizations and meetings. Opportunities will exist to present statistical results and conclusions to BU management.
Effectiveness in this position will require consideration of industry knowledge trends, capabilities, emerging efficiencies, and individual business situations. This position will need to possess strong statistical analyst capabilities along with strong interpersonal and influence management skills. The ability to quickly understand business needs and be capable of effective relationships and managing negotiations between teams will be critical.
* Ensure statistical forecasts are generating quality item/location/week forecasts aligned with agreed upon product forecast segmentations via forecast trend analysis and process controls
* Support and deliver insights to the business unit teams on the trade-offs between case fill and inventory through development of scenarios, statistical analysis and analysis of inventory optimization tool
* Develop, align, prioritize, and implement product forecast segmentation principles & statistical forecasting strategies to drive optimal statistical output to the supply chain forecasting process
* Manage item/location system inventory targets and support statistical inventory targets usage and improvements to deliver case fill rate and cash flow targets
* Undertake appropriate data analysis to support supply chain projects
* Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree preferred
* Minimum of 5 years in Business experience & demonstrates a strong understanding in Consumer Insights, Applied Statistical forecasting, Inventory Theory and Application
* Minimum 4 years skilled in the application of advanced research design, appropriate methodologies, & statistical tools and modeling to operational data
* Minimum 4 years strong and current skills in data analysis, using tools such as Excel, SAS/SPSS, JDA Demand Planning, Statistical packages/inventory optimization tools, etc
* Minimum 2 years of a strong understanding of the linkage of forecasting & inventory management to the Supply Chain
* Project Management, prioritization and team facilitation skills
* Excellent statistical knowledge and experience, strong understanding of forecasting & inventory theory
* Strong analytical, quantitative, & problem solving skills
* Strong aptitude for technical learning and knowledge of next generation tools
* Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple, cross-enterprise projects simultaneously, and attention to detail
* Must be a team player with the ability to work independently in a results driven environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across multiple functions and levels
* Advanced Excel knowledge and experience
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Mondelez International therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.