Lead Programmer Analyst (CICS)Requisition #: 4705
Job Title: Lead Programmer Analyst (CICS)
Business Unit : Corporate IT
Country: United States
State: New Jersey
City: Jersey City
Location: Jersey City-2 JSQ
Employment Status: Full Time
Broadridge is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven-solutions to banks, broker-dealers, mutual funds, and corporations globally. Our systems and services include investor communication solutions, securities processing and operations. In short, we provide the infrastructure that helps the financial services industry operate. With 50 years of experience, we provide financial services firms with advanced, dependable, scalable and cost-effective integrated services to help run their businesses.
Lead Programmer Analyst
Maintain and enhance existing mission critical CICS infrastructure. Support thriving advanced CICS systems environment. Install, customize and maintain IBM CICS based online systems and related ISV software. Provide performance analysis and real time problem determination in 7x24 business critical environments. Assist application development groups to leverage and exploit CICS features and functions; provide and debugging assistance and technical guidance in the areas of transaction based and WEB service oriented architectures. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Configure & maintaincomplex CICS system software & configuration changes across hundreds of CICS regions in production, test and Q/A environments
2. Customize & maintain IBM and ISV software products that run within or pertain to the CICS operating environment, including all monitoring and support products such as CPSM, Omegamon, Intertest, CICS/VR, CICS/PA, CAFC, CICS exit code and productivity tools.
3. Provide highest level real time and 7x24 problem determination support for all business applications that depend on CICS environments. Analyze traces, dumps, traps and logs, and work with IBM and ISV technical support, as well as application development groups to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
4. Apply performance management tools and techniques to ensure optimal response times in high volume transaction applications. Monitor and maintain efficient use of all system resources to control costs. Project resource requirements based on business growth of existing applications and implementation of new products and services that use CICS.
5. Perform High level design of CICS topology and infrastructure. Assist business and application development groups in exploiting CICS architecture, features and functions, such as CICSPlex, CPSM, Web Services, sockets and containers to implement new or enhance current business processes. Design for integration of CICS interfaces and exits to other critical z/OS subsystems, middleware, and hardware, such as JES, SMS, VSAM/RLS, VTAM, TCP/IP, Top Secret, AF/Operator, Websphere Application Server, CTG, SOA, Datacom, Ideal, DB2, MQ, and the parallel Sysplex coupling facility. Plan for Disaster Recovery and D/R testing.
6. Effectively use change, incident and problem management tools in accordance with data center standards and practices. Attend and effectively participate in related meetings.
Reports to VP or Director of Technical Services/Mainframe Engineering.
Accountable for the reliable and efficient execution of hundreds of millions of CICS online transactions per day, supporting numerous IT based business models and sources of BFS revenue.
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
College degree in computer science; equivalent/related experience.
5 -7 years experience with CICS systems software and IBM mainframe operating systems and network environments.
IBM mainframe systems programming skill set; Assembler CICS coding skills is highly desirable.
Interpersonal and communication skills, adaptability and ability to learn from experience and independent study
Supervision: Limited or no direction - shows initiative in return.
Education: Bachelors (highly preferred)
Experience Range: 5 - 7 years
Job Category: Technology